General FAQ

Do I have to buy a camping pass?

No. Full weekend and two day passes include tent camping. If you'd like to camp with your car, you'll need to purchase an additional car camping pass in addition to your festival pass but you do not need a car camping pass to camp at LIB.

Can I be the legal guardian of someone if they are under 18?

A legal guardian is recognized by the state of CA and paperwork must be provided to show us your guardianship.

Will there be alcohol sold at LIB?

There will be beer, wine and spirits sold at LIB. Cash only however there will be ATM’s within the festival.

Can I bring a pet?

No pets are allowed within the festival. Service animals must be registered at the Access Center immediately upon entry to the site. Please email for protocol regarding service animals.

Will there be somewhere to leave items that I don’t want to leave in my tent/car?

We are hoping to have the lockers back this year and will keep you posted.


Camping FAQ

Can I camp at LIB if I DID NOT get a Car Camping or RV pass?

Just because you didn’t get a car camping pass doesn’t mean you can’t camp at LIB. All full weekend passes and 2 day passes include tent camping. What this means is that you will park your car in the general parking lot and walk or take a shuttle into the campgrounds.

Where do I have to park if I have a car camping pass?

Car camping means that you have the ability to bring your car into the campgrounds and have it with you at your camp. There is not a separate area for people with car camping passes.

Where do I go with my RV?

RV passes allow you to park in the designated RV areas that are on site. If you purchased a pass with hookups you will be directed there by our staff. If you purchased the regular RV pass you will be directed and placed by our staff as well. They will also reach out via email to provide more info on what can be expected upon arrival.

Will my friends who are not staying in my RV be able to camp with or near us?

Both RV areas have additional space for car camping and tent camping so your friends can camp near or with you. It is best to arrive together in insure this but there is likely space near your RV for your friends.

How do I find my friends when I’m at the festival?

All of the campgrounds will be named so you can coordinate with your friends to find out where you want to camp. Some camp names and roads will be different from 2014 so pay attention to the new maps when we release them.

There is also cell service at this venue so meeting up shouldn’t be too difficult.

Can I save space for my camp mates?

There is no “land grabbing” once you arrive in the campgrounds. Its popular for people to bring caution tape to block off space for their friends and this is not fair to all of the LIB participants so our campground managers will remove it. If you’re just saving a small spot for a friend or two just kindly speak with other attendees that may want to try and set up there as well.

How much space do we get for our campsite?

There is also no specific allotment of space when you buy a car camping or full weekend pass. It is encouraged to only use what is reasonable for you and your camp mates. As always be prepared to make friends with new neighbors who will be in or next to your camp.

Will there be a Family Camping area again this year?

Yes, we will have a dedicated area for Family Camping. If you are interested in joining family camp, please visit the family camp page HERE or send an email to for further instruction and information.

What do I do with my trash after the festival?

LIB is a “Leave it better, Leave it Beautiful” event. That means that you take your trash out with you and help us leave the venue better then when you arrived. This isn’t the kind of festival where you trash the place and rely on festival staff to pick it up for you. LIB tries to create awareness and encourage people to take care of the communities that they live in and the planet they live on.


Ticketing FAQ

Who should I contact for questions or concerns regarding online ticket orders and wristband and shipping questions? 

If you have any technical questions regarding your credentials or concerns with your shipment details, please call or email eventbrite.


Do I need a hard ticket to get in the festival?

Your wristband will take the place of a traditional ticket, and will be automatically shipped to you in advance of the event. If you buy your ticket after the cutoff date to have it mailed you will go to Will Call at the entrance of the event to get your wristband.


When will I get my wristband in the mail?

Full  weekend orders began shipping on April 16, 2015. 2 Day passes begin shipping after May 7th.  Delivery time is usually 5-7 business days. When your order has shipped, you will receive an email from with your shipment tracking info.

IMPORTANT: Wristbands will be sent to the shipping address submitted at ticket checkout. You can update your shipping address through your account page on , however once your order has shipped, address changes cannot be honored.

When you receive your wristband, you will be able to register it here. When you complete this step, Lightning in a Bottle will be able to contact you directly with the most up-to-date festival information that will help you make the most of your festival experience.


Do I have to sign for my package?



The address I originally provided is incorrect; Can I update my address?

Once packages have shipped you will not be able to update your shipping address. If your package is undeliverable, it will be returned to us and we will hold it at will call.


I've tracked my package and I'm concerned it won't be delivered.

Go to will call to pick-up at the on-site box office with an ID that matches the name on your order. They will be able to verify you and provide a wristband there.


I received my wristbands, but my dog ate them? 'er they were lost.

Go to will call to pick-up at the on-site box office with an ID that matches the name on your order. They will be able to verify you and provide a wristband there.


I still have some technical questions about my wristband shipment.

Go to will call to pick-up at the on-site box office with an ID that matches the name on your order. They will be able to verify you and provide a wristband there.


I have non-technical ticketing or event questions.

Please click here.


How and when do I apply my wristband?

You will receive exact instructions on how to apply your wristband with your package. Do not put on your wristband before you have received and carefully read the instructions included. Please make sure to put on the wristband uniquely registered to you.

Please do not remove the excess portion of the wristband or tamper with your wristband in any way. Do not cut it, burn it, stretch it or fold it. Altered wristbands will be invalid and any person in possession of an altered wristband will be charged a replacement fee or may be ejected from the festival site.


How do I know if a wristband is real or counterfeit?

Fake or deactivated wristbands may look like the real thing but they will be identified by our scanning system at each venue entrance.

Only orders placed through the ticketing website are guaranteed to be authentic. We do not want any of our fans to be scammed.


Please be aware: 

We are not responsible for any counterfeit tickets or wristbands.
In addition, any wristbands reported lost or stolen will have their RFID chip deactivated and will not be valid.
For your own protection, please do not purchase Lightning in a Bottle wristbands from any third party sellers.
Those in possession of fake wristbands – or ones reported lost or stolen – will not be admitted to the festival.
There are no hard tickets being sold or distributed this year. If someone tries to sell or give you a paper ticket DO NOT take it. EVERYONE will need a wristband to enter the festival.

Families FAQ

Temporary Unload Pass

This year, we are happy to offer a temporary unload pass to those registered in family camp. This pass will allow one hour of unloading per family before moving the vehicle to the general parking lot. More information regarding this process will be emailed 1-2 weeks prior to the event.

RVs in Family Camp

Please note, there are no RV hook ups in family camp. For those guests who purchased an RV Pass w/ Hook Ups – the only available hook ups are located outside of family camp. This area is still very safe, shaded and protected but you won’t be in the designated family camp. For all RV pass holders wishing to stay in family camp, please make sure to register with us to let us know you are coming! The more we know about, the more space we can save.

Car Camping

As a reminder, car camping passes are only necessary for those who wish to bring their car into the campgrounds for sleeping or storage purposes. Car camping passes are not necessary for every vehicle wishing to arrive at the festival. For all guests with a Car Camping pass already purchased, please make sure to let us know you are coming with your vehicle so we can save space! If you do not have or need a car camping pass, there will be plenty of on site parking available to you.

Legal Guardianship

All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times. If you or your child wishes to attend the event with a trusted friend or family member, you must complete all necessary paperwork to grant temporary guardianship, recognized by the state of California. Paperwork must be provided to show us your guardianship. More information on this can be found here:

Connect With Your Community

Have a question? Please contact the LIB families team through the Facebook group

Untitled Document