Green and Convenient: Ride The Lightning Bus!
Posted by: Lewey Knox
Let us remind you of the Top 5 reasons to take a Lightning Bus to LIB:
1. Go green. Lower the carbon footprint!
2. Let us do the driving. Relax on the way here and meet new friends!
3. There’s enough room for your camping gear! Isn’t that rad?
4. Bypass any lines at the box office by getting credentials while on the bus!
5. Get dropped off and picked up at a central location within campground!
Purchase Lightning Bus tickets below:
Los Angeles Thursday July 11th: http://beticketing.com/labusthursday
Los Angeles Friday July 12th: http://beticketing.com/labusfriday
San Diego Thursday July 11th: http://beticketing.com/sdbus
San Francisco Thursday July 11th: http://beticketing.com/sfbusthursday
Find all the information about the Lightning Bus to LIB from Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego below.
Would you like to get reimbursed for your Bus ticket? We are currently looking for one responsible volunteer from each city per day to serve as a bus manager. This person will be responsible for keeping tally of who makes it onto the bus, as well as arriving early to meet the bus. The qualifying volunteers will have their bus ticket reimbursed. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Bus Information
Please be at the bus stops in your city as well as the bus stop at Lightning in a
Bottle 30 minutes prior to departure.
The bus driver will have a list of names and your printed receipt will be your ticket
for the bus. Please hold on to this receipt as it will also be the ticket for the ride
Pick up Locations and Instructions
The Los Angeles Location will be at the QuickPark LAX located at the Crown Plaza
Hotel. The Lightning Bus will be parked on W. 98th St. and Avion Dr.
For those of you flying in to LAX please take the parking shuttle for QuickPark LAX.
Ride the shuttle to the Crown Plaza Hotel destination and look for the bus on the
corner of W. 98th St. Have your receipt with you and present it to the driver of the
For those of you driving you have an option of parking in any of the lots in that area
for a fee.
The Thursday July 11th departure from Los Angeles is 3pm
The Friday July 12th departure from Los Angeles is 10am
Both Los Angeles Buses depart LIB at 12pm on Monday July 15th.
The San Francisco location will be:
The Best Buy Parking lot (13th & Harrison St.)
1717 Harrison Street
San Francisco CA 94103
This location does not have parking available to us. Please arrange to have a ride or
for safe parking for your vehicle.
The bus departs San Francisco at 10am on Thursday July 11th.
The bus will depart Lightning in a Bottle at 11am on Monday July 15th.
The San Diego location will be:
1650 Garnet Avenue
San Diego, CA 92109
And the surrounding neighborhoods that have no street cleaning for the long term parking.
The bus departs San Diego at 11am on Thursday July 11th.
The buss will depart LIB at 1pm on Monday July 15th.
Managing Your Camping Waste at LIB
So far you have done an amazing job being an eco friendly camper by riding the super green Lightning Bus! Kudos to you!
Here’s some important info to help you keep your stuff compact, manage your waste, and be environmentally friendly while doing it:
- Depackage all your food and products before you come – saves space, reduces waste!
- Bring 3 different bags to sort your Recycling, Landfill, and Compost waste in your camp. A bucket with a lid for compost would be best. This is important because:
- As a bus rider you have special privileges to leave your waste at LIB rather than taking it home on the bus. **With your bus confirmation in hand** you will be allowed entrance to the dumpster area to dump your waste. It MUST be sorted properly in order to go in the dumpsters!! Sorting guidelines are below, and will be readily available for you at the event in your festival booklet.
- Remember to bring your own water container, utensils, plates, etc. Free filtered water will be available, no need to pack plastic bottled water as long as you have a container. You can also be super eco and use your own reusable plates and cups in the food vending area as well as your camp.
- Food waste – meat is okay
- Soiled paper or cardboard, e.g. napkins, paper plates
- Vendor provided cutlery (cups, plates, all utensils – including coffee and beer cups)
- Untreated wood such as wood utensils, chopsticks, and coconut shells
- Waxed paper: milk cartons, tea bags that do not have plastic/foil
- CLEAN WITH NO FOOD RESIDUE
- cans (aluminum & tin)
- paper or cardboard that is not soiled
- plastics that are unsoiled, bags are okay; cups & utensils
- clean styrofoam
- Plastic-lined or foil-lined paper: some juice/nut milk cartons, w/ plastic lids
- Gross or uncleanable plastic: e.g. drippy bags or half-filled peanut butter jars
- Foil wrappers: chip bags, power bars, etc.
- NOT ACCEPTED: Do not put in bins/dumpsters
- hazardous materials: batteries, fluorescent bulbs, paint, non-eco cleaners, oil, propane, broken glass
- bulky items, electronics, furniture
Feel free to download all of the information above in a PDF here: LIB 2013 Lightning Bus Information.
HAVE A GREAT RIDE, and we’ll see you there!!