Love the magic of LIB, and want to learn what it’s like behind the scenes? Do you want to be a part of a community of artists, builders and performers but not sure how to get involved? One of the best ways to do that is on our Green Team, helping us keep the event green and clean. You will be educating people on recycling, composting, and keeping the grounds clean for a greater festival experience. There are limited spots available, but if you are accepted, you will be required to purchase a deposit ticket for $280 (the same as the general admission price) that will be refunded after you complete all of your shifts. To apply, please fill out this form below and pay the nominal $5 processing fee (PayPal account or credit card required).
This is for Green Team ONLY.
If you are looking for other Lightning Team positions, please use this application.
Make sure that when you come to work Green Team you come prepared. You are working a job that is dirty, hard physical labor, and can be dangerous if you are not paying attention. We want you to have fun while working and to know what you are getting into when you work or volunteer with us so please read the following and make sure you are ready for work when you show up for your shift.
· Bring closed toed shoes; there is broken glass and metal around the work site and wearing flip flops or going barefoot is not allowed period. If you don’t have the right shoes on you will be sent away to get the right gear.
· Wear clothes that can get dirty; most events it tends to be hot in the day and cold at night so bring both types of clothing. You want to have a least one pair of jeans for work and shorts for work. Aprons are a good idea to help keep juices and grime off your clothes and yourself.
· Gloves are required, goggles are recommended, and earplugs are a bonus; bring your own if you can because it’s always good to have your own pair.
· Headlamps are recommended and are required for Night shifts so please bring one if you have one, extra batteries or rechargeable headlamps are a good idea since you will go through at least 2 sets of batteries before the weekend ends. I highly recommend rechargeable headlamps; Petzl and Black Diamond both make a design that can plug into a micro-USB. No batteries to waste, less chemicals in landfill!
· The weather can be irregular; come prepared for the rain, the wind, the dust, the sun, and the cold. Hats, sunscreen, sun glasses, bandanas, leg warmers, rain coats, leggings, wool socks, etc. Anything you think you might need to help you be comfortable and to get the job done.
· MOOP Sticks are a great idea; pick up a good type online or at a hardware store.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK US AND WE WILL HELP YOU!
This Work Exchange Application is not a contract of employment, but merely intended to evaluate suitability for Work Exchange Employment. It is the policy of the LIB Team to provide equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color and religion as well as any other status protected under state and federal law.