Lightning in a Bottle is more than a festival. It’s a destination where your imagination is the only limit for 24 hours a day, for 5 days! Nestled in central California, LIB is filled with unique areas inviting you to create magic, experience art and music, and engage in inspiring and educational offerings. It’s easy to join us as we bend reality and explore what else is possible!
Road trips are so much fun and a great way to embark on a wondrous trip to Lightning in a Bottle. The festival is located at the Buena Vista Lake in Kern County, CA.
Road trips are so much fun and a great way to embark on a wondrous trip to Lightning in a Bottle. The festival is located at Buena Vista Lake in Kern County, California.
Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area
13601 Ironbark Rd.
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Yes, there is a parking lot for those driving to LIB, without a Car Camping Pass.
Parking Price = LIB Carpool Initiative: To keep emissions and traffic low, single occupant vehicles are charged $30 to park in the parking lot. Vehicles with one or more passengers (not including the driver) are granted free parking. Sorry, we’re not sorry.
Driving Directions to LIB
Detailed arrival instructions will be released prior to LIB 2019!
7 Tips For A Smooth Arrival Day
1. Credentials On and Ready Before You Arrive – Wristbands securely on left wrists before you get to the festival.
2. Vehicle Passes On Windshield Before You Arrive – Vehicle stickers must be affixed inside the lower drivers side front windshield before you get in line.
3. Easy Access to Your ID – This event is 18+, and for Will Call & Guest List you may need it to pick up your tickets at the Box Office!
4. Do Your Research – Scope the map, read the arrival guide and get familiar with your options and gate hours before you get here.
5. Manage Expectations – There is ONE road in and out of LIB, so you can expect the ingress process to be slower during peak arrival times. Embrace this reality and remember what’s on the other side.
6. Practice Patience & Gratitude – We ask for your patience and cooperation as our team moves all of you in as safely and quickly as possible. Smile, give high fives and show your appreciation where you can.
7. Be Respectful of our Amazing Neighbors – Stay in your vehicles, do not block driveways, keep the music down, the trash inside, and use gas station facilities before you exit the highway.
Pro-Tip! Arriving together is the ONLY WAY to guarantee a camping spot next to friends. Once a campground is full, the entrance will be closed. Even if your friends saved space for you, no more vehicles will be allowed to enter a closed campground.
The Lightning Bus is reliable festival transportation from three major cities in CA: San Diego, Los Angeles, and Oakland!
Important City Specific Information:
Los Angeles: *Suggested location for all those flying to the festival*. Exact pickup Location TBA, estimated 10 minutes off-site near LAX. Drive estimated at 2.5 hours.
San Diego: Location TBA, centrally located near Claremont. Bus MAY stop in Los Angeles if necessary. Drive is estimated 4-5 hours.
Oakland: Pick up location near Oakland Coliseum BART Station on 71st Ave (adjacent to station). Drive is estimated at 5.5 hours.
Local Bus Transportation
Every great adventure starts with an amazing journey. If you’re flying in from out of state to attend LIB we highly recommend choosing LAX. It’s the closest international airport with Lightning Bus routes running to and from on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday & Monday.
Take a break from the ordinary and experience community in action. The campgrounds are a place to relax, play, and make friends with your neighbors. Whether you’re a minimalist or go the route of creating a camp to invite your fellow festival mates, you will enjoy plenty of California sky, fresh air and good vibes. Bring your camping gear or take advantage of Boutique Camping packages. To learn more about camping at LIB visit our Camping FAQ.