At LIB we act in accordance with a shared sense of belonging. LIB belongs to all of us and we are happy to share it with one another in all its spaces and interactions.
What is it?
LIB is a festival community where we all belong and contribute. When we come together at Lightning In A Bottle, we are not just attending a festival, we are creating a unique and special mini city together that only exists for a few precious moments in time a year. It’s exciting! And it takes all of our efforts to make it great. We all help each other, we share, and we look out for one another. It is one big team effort.
Why is it important?
When we are all acting as good neighbors and treating each other with respect, we are able to let our guards down and connect in a way that fills our hearts with love and happiness. At LIB we are exploring the possibilities of returning to a village way of life. This way of life is in our bones and comes from our roots. It helps us see the world in a way that is more caring than we are used to. We take joy in the happiness of others and selflessly come to the aid of those in times of need. We no longer feel alone because we know we’ve all come to LIB to share an amazing experience together, and in that we are bound together in love and celebration.
How do we Create Community at LIB?
This one works all over the festival at all times, but there are a few particular times and places where we can really have a positive impact and help create community.
- The Campgrounds: Don’t take more space than you need, respect your neighbors, don’t be disruptive, keep a clean camp! Especially when packing up and packing out all your trash.
- The Dancefloor: Share space and be mindful of other’s good times. Move through the crowd carefully and calmly ~ there’s never a need to rush or knock into people.
- Harm Reduction: Offer support to those in need. If you see anyone that looks lost or not well, help them get to medical or security staff.
- Be Responsible for Your Actions: Consider those around you, don’t overdo it, be able to take care of yourself.
- On Social Media: Treat each other with respect and good will! Stay positive and don’t feed the trolls.
- Waiting in Line: Both inside and outside the festival, having to wait in some lines is inevitable. Remember that we are all in it together. A calm and orderly line is a fast one. Accept instructions from staff and keep a positive attitude.