Live Painting Lineup & New Experiential Art Area
March 29th, 2018
Art is a fundamental part of the LIB experience, and we believe that honing creative energy inspires attendees to let loose, experiment, and express themselves.
Introducing ArtClave, LIB’s first experiential art space created for attendees to explore self-expression through creativity and learning.
In addition to our Live Painting experience, we are proud to now offer art classes and hands-on workshops at LIB’s new interactive creative space, ArtClave. Cultivated and created by a community of artists and creators, ArtClave’s environment invites attendees of every skill level to activate the artist within.
Classes will run 7 hours every day starting Thursday and will include art therapy, sculpture, mixed media, complex paper folding, mandalas, body painting, figure drawing, shabari, spoken word and so much more!
Check out some of the highlights below and get your creative juices flowing!
- Body Painting – Embody the fullest expression of yourself with Skin Wars champion, Radikah Hersey.
- Digital Mandala Activations of the Higher Self – Create a visual mantra of your personal journey by designing a portrait of your higher self, with Benedigital.
- Surrender – Uncovering the art of shabari.
- True Colors – An art therapy experience that channels expression, relief, and celebration through color coordination. Revitalize and transform the connection between our range of emotions and how we perceive them, with Sevin Nakima.
- Wood Whispering 101– Reinterpret discarded wood as a canvas to reactivate, reincarnate and upcycle found materials into finished works of art, with Brad Rhadwood
- Sculpting Basics – An exploration in basic form and sculpting your very own character out of clay, with James McKenzie
- Trash Scavenger Hunt & Textile Design – Create your own “trashion” designs from discarded found objects from the festival, with Grumpy Greens
- Urban Mask Making – Assemble urban-style adornment and futurist imagery out of found objects, textiles and modern materials,with Rashad Pridgen of The Global Street Dance Masquerade
- Crochet Your Way To Happiness! – Learn the basics and beyond, with Megan Boyd
- Unleash Your Inner Creator – Tap into your subconscious allowing the art to emerge from your inner self, with Selamawit Mekonen
- Art Therapy – A form of psychotherapy involving the encouragement of free self-expression through painting, drawing, or modeling. Tap into the artist beyond the story and chatter to express the highest form of your authentic self.
LIB’s Live Painting Experience & Auction Returns With Upgrades
LIB has invited over 50 influential and professional artists from around the world to transform blank canvases into incredible murals and paintings throughout the festival in real-time. Many of the pieces you see will be available for purchase through auction. In years past, attendees have had to wait until Sunday to start putting in bids, but this year mobile bidding will allow interested customers to bid throughout the entirety of the weekend. We will conclude the live experience on Sunday evening with an Art Walk where attendees can put in their final bids before close.
Explore and get to know the artists and their masterpieces by checking out the live painting lineup below.
Newly Added Art Tours
Because there are so many amazing art activations, installations, and structures, LIB’s will also offer daily guided Art Tours that give guests the opportunity to interact with the artists and discover how you can take your favorite piece home!
2018 Live Painting Lineup